Thursday, December 15, 2011

You tube for schools

I read with great interest the news that You Tube is starting a new site--You Tube for Schools.  I know there is a great deal of information on You Tube teachers can use but in most districts (including mine) You Tube is blocked because of the other content available.  And I know kids try to find that other content so I see the need for it to be blocked.  But this site is supposed to have the best educational video material available to teachers without the concerns of the rest of the site.

I know sometimes when teachers need to access a video link and can't to it through You Tube, I suggest they try Teacher Tube.  But hopefully now this will give them another avenue to find the information they need.

Here's the promo video from You Tube:


No comments:

Post a Comment