Monday, December 19, 2011

Week in Rap

This might be more history related than literacy related, but I like this site and want to share it.  It's called the Week in Rap.  Each week the site puts together a short video of the events of the week and sets them to a catchy rap tune.  And at the end of the year, there's a year end review.

I could see English teachers using this as a model for a writing assignment or for vocabulary development.  For history teachers, it's an obvious current events tie-in. 

The site used to be free, but now there's a subscription charge.  I wondered why I wasn't seeing it in my email much any more.  They do offer a free trial, and the rate looks to be $45 per year.

Check it out.  Let me know if you can think of other ways teachers could use this site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment