Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Scoop.it

So a friend of mine just introduced me to Scoop.it.  This is the coolest website!  The site describes itself as a online magazine that you can create.  I see it as a visual storehouse of blog postings or other articles from the web.  I found this great Scoop.it page about Information Powerhouses.  The author curates the page by adding new content pertinent to the topic.  And Scoop.it will suggest articles for you based on key words you add when you set up your page.

I can see lots of uses for this.  One school uses pages for research notes--"scooping" the articles and saving them for note-taking later on.  Or a teacher librarian could display use tips or sites for a particular assignment.

Of course, I couldn't see a new toy without playing around with it myself.  Here's the link to my Scoop.it page.  And you might have noticed the link on the right of this page.  I put a button that 's a direct link to it.  Take a look and let me know what you think.  I see it as an extension of this blog-- a place where I might store articles that I'm referencing in this blog.  Check it out and let me know what you think. I'm especially interested in ideas using Scoop.it for research!

No comments:

Post a Comment