Wednesday, May 2, 2012

TED Ed videos

I'm sure by now you've seen the new TED Ed website to help with flipped classrooms. The site provides some premade videos but allows the teacher to customize the lesson. Supposed to help a teacher with flipping a classroom.

I think it's a great idea but as I've said before, I see the potential for misuse of this comcept as well. A good teacher would take this idea and fly with it. A poor teacher would use this as a substitute for teaching--it's basically watch a video and answer questions at home. It's what you do as a follow up in the classroom that counts. And that's honestly my concern. Without followup, then all you have is an assignment to watch a video at home.

This blogger says it better than I can--Teach Paperless. And here's the video from the TED Ed site explaining how the site works. Great concept--great idea--I just hope teachers use it properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment