Friday, May 18, 2012

Making infographics

Thanks to freetech4teachers--I found this great site to make infographics.  I love how infographics can be great visual displays of information, but I was never sure how to make one.  Well, Easel.ly helps you do just that.  The site has some premade templates you can use or start from scratch to make your own.

What a great way to end the school year--let your students choose a topic of interest to them, research (using library databases!) and put together an infographic to display their results.  High interest, engaging and using researching skills--a much better use of time than a video!

The only issue I see is the site doesn't support IE, which is our school's default browser.  But that's easily fixed by choosing another site like Firefox.

Wonder if I can convince some teachers to give this a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment