Thursday, May 10, 2012

Libraries and Apple stores!

I ran across this article via Twitter--10 things libraries can learn from the Apple Store.  Basically it says libraries should be run like the store--following the principles Apple has in place for their employees to follow.  Having just spent a good deal of time and money at our local Apple store, I must say the article contains some interesting ideas. 

Embrace diversity, don't try to sell stuff, enrich people's lives, spend as much time as necessary and above all, SMILE!  All good business practices for a commerical business and more importantly, a library.

I especially enjoyed this article because it made me really stop and think about how we are approaching our "business" of the library, even at this time of the year.  Maybe it struck me even more because it's near the end of the year and I need to be reminded of some of the reasons why I love my job.

Take time to read this article.  It will make you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment