Monday, March 5, 2012

Sadness

I don't have much to write about this morning. I have a heavy heart--a former student passed away this weekend. It doesn't matter how long they've been gone; it still hurts. And since I'm not a classroom teacher, no one will think that I am hurting. But I knew this young man in middle school--longer than most of the teachers here. So I'm going to just write about it a minute--please bear with me. This young man was a bright and talented theater student. He could light up a stage with his presence. I thought sure we'd see him on Broadway some day. I don't know any details of his passing but I do know I'm sad at the loss. Over the years I've lost several students and it never gets easier. I hate to see such a loss of talent and brains at such an early age. I'm just grieving quietly today. I'll be back on my blog tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment